MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY IN AMPLIFIERS.
Building on DNMs research into electron flow and Magentics, in 1984 DNM released the first ALL plastic/acrylic cased preamplifier ....from the amplifiers inputs/output sockets to the non-metallic heatsink coupling and acrylic amplifier case work - the use of metallic materials is avoided to preserve the delicate dynamics of the audio signal.
Front view of 3D-6 fully loaded
Rear view of 3D-6 fully loaded
THE NEW 3D PRE-AMPLIFIER
The result of 12 years intense research into the ‘state of the art pre-amp’ .. building on the success of the 3C SERIES, in 1994 DNM set about creation of the world best pre-amplifier...
FEATURES NEW TO THE 3D SERIES:-
1. A world first - a ‘SPACED PAIR’ signal path inside an audio amplifier!
This is designed into the 3D pre-amplifi er on a fi xed spacing (like the DNM cable) giving an ideal magnetic interaction. The signal and ground runs through the pre-amplifier on a fixed spacing (as in the DNM cable). This is achieved by folding the circuit boards to create a three-dimensional construction that defines the electrical impedance. The result is better circuit performance, improved resolution and higher sound quality.
2. ANTI-REFLECTION CIRCUITS ON ALL INPUTS.
Anti-refl ection circuits prevent high frequency signal reflections from damaging sound quality. This effect is known from DNM research on high frequency feedback. It is linked to the harshness of sound on digital sources because they stimulate high frequency refl ections. Anti-reflection networks are integrated into the 3D’s printed circuit design so all switched and open connections are terminated. The pre-amplifier, as a hub component, is the ideal place to do this because it accepts connections from all system sources.
OTHER FEATURES NEW IN THE 3D SERIES.
1. HEADPHONE OUTPUT - the 3D headphone output is driven directly from the line output amplifiers giving much higher performance than any power amplifier. The design allows channel levels to be separately adjusted. Its performance matches that of the best dedicated headphone amplifiers.
2. SWITCHABLE MONO - really useful to improve sound fidelity on early ‘messed up’ stereo recordings.
SO WHAT DOES IT ALL ADD UP TO?
• Compact Pre-Amplifier with state-of-the-art phono and headphone amplifier
Click Here to download a copy of our current DNM Amplifier & Pre-amplifiers Price List (34KB)
|DNM Electronics||DNM Cables|